Shark ADVICE for North Mole near FremantleCurrent Alerts and Warnings
Update on 13 July at 3.35pm
- The whale carcass has moved from North Mole and the current location is unknown.
- There is likely to be residue from the carcass in the area that will continue to act as an attractant for sharks
- There has been a sighting of one white shark off Port beach and one tagged white shark was detected at the Leighton shark monitoring network receiver today.
- Water users should continue to exercise additional caution in the area
Update on 11 July at 2:33pm
- Due to current weather conditions, and the location of the carcass, the carcass is unable to be removed from it's current location at this time.
- Authorities will continue to monitor and reassess the situation over the next few days.
- The shark advice for the Fremantle area remains in place.
- In addition to the shark advice, members of the public are asked to stay clear of the decomposing carcass due to health and safety risks.
Alert issued 11 July:
A shark ADVICE has been issued due to a whale carcass being reported on the northern side of the North Mole, near Port of Fremantle.