Website accessibility statement for the sharksmart.com.au website, Western Australia.
This site is produced by the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD), Western Australia to provide comprehensive information and facts about sharks. It aims to improve community awareness of shark activity, provide some protection at our most popular beaches and connect the community with safety information so we can all make informed decisions about our water use.
It has been designed to be as accessible to as many users as possible, including:
- people with disabilities who may use assistive technologies
- those with slower internet connections or less than state of the art equipment
- rural and regional users
- those with hand held devices and mobile phones.
This website strives to comply with the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, in accordance with the WA Government Website Accessibility Policy.
The features on this website that make it more accessible include:
- being built using CSS/HTML, which allows users to turn off style sheets and view the website content without graphics (easier for screen readers to decipher pages)
- skip links that take the user directly to the content of the page.
If you are having trouble accessing any of the pages or content within our website, or have feedback on our accessibility features please contact us.
Every browser has functionality to increase/decrease the text size on any website. To find out how to change the text size on any website and in some instances the colours used refer to the advice from W3C on changing text size and colour.
Tools to view website documents
The following is a list of software that you may need to read the documents and files on this website:
- PDF documents: Adobe PDF Reader
- Microsoft Word documents: Microsoft Word Viewer for Windows prior Windows 8 Operating Systems or OpenOffice for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows
If you require further information regarding the accessibility of this website or any other matter please contact us.