Light ray Light ray Light ray Light ray Light ray Light ray Light ray
Shark Deterrent Rebate
Terms & Conditions
- The Shark Deterrent Rebate (Rebate) is available to Western Australian residents who provide proof of a Western Australian residential address and comply with the requirements of these Terms & Conditions.
- Maximum of one Rebate per person per device.
- The Rebate is limited to the first 6,000 eligible devices.
- The offer is available for approved shark deterrent devices.
- The offer is only valid for new shark deterrent devices.
- The offer is not valid for:
- Accessories (e.g. carry bags and chargers),
- Extended warranties (if purchased separately), and
- The Rebate can only be claimed by registered retailers.
- All Rebate claims must be made by submitting the online application form that will be made available to registered retailers. No postal, facsimilies or emailed refund requests will be accepted.
- Proof of Western Australian residence must be included with the application and may include a current:
- Western Australian driver’s licence or learners permit.
- Western Australian recreational fishing licence.
- Medicare card in combination with a utility bill e.g. telephone, gas, electricity, water (not more than 3 months old).
- Persons under the age of 18 may also use:
- Student ID card.
- A combination of their parent/guardian driver’s licence and Medicare card (which includes reference to their name).
- The $200 rebate must be applied by the retailer at the point of sale and appear on the tax invoice.
- A tax invoice must be provided clearly showing the retail outlet, product information, retail price, $200 rebate applied and date of purchase.
- The Rebate will be delivered in the form of an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) into the retailer’s nominated Australian bank account. Applications will be processed within 30 days of submission.
- The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development reserves the right to verify the validity of all claims.
- The Western Australian Government is responsible solely for administering the rebate, and assumes no liability for the manufacture or operation of the approved shark deterrent device, or the users’ activities. The Western Australian Government advises that the approved shark deterrent device cannot provide a guarantee against shark interactions, and encourages all water-users to take personal responsibility for their actions, including checking all available information before entering the water. This includes, but is not limited to, the Surf Life Saving WA twitter feed (@SLSWA) and the SharkSmart website at www.sharksmart.com.au.