News & Alerts
Shark WARNING for Peak Island near Exmouth03 November 2023
A shark WARNING has been issued for Peak Island near Exmouth after a reported shark incident.
- A male spearfisherman was bitten by a reported lemon shark at approximately 2pm on Friday 3 November.
What to do:
- Take additional caution in the Peak Island area.
- Adhere to beach closures advised by Local Government Rangers, Parks and Wildlife Service officers or Surf Life Saving WA.
- Use your Sea Sense and stay informed by checking for shark activity on the SharkSmart website, SharkSmart WA app or Surf Life Saving WA’s Twitter feed.
- If you see a shark, report it to Water Police on 9442 8600. All shark sighting information reported to Water Police is provided to land managers and relevant authorities and to the public on the SharkSmart website, SharkSmart WA app and Surf Life Saving WA Twitter feed.
What authorities are doing:
Officers from the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD), along with staff from other agencies are monitoring the situation.
Switch on your Sea Sense and stay informed of shark activity information by checking the SharkSmart website – www.sharksmart.com.au/shark-activity, download the SharkSmart WA app or follow Surf Life Saving WA Twitter – twitter.com/SLSWA. Check www.sharksmart.com.au/news for updates to this alert and to view other warnings and media releases.