News and Alerts
Shark WARNING for Centaur Reef, north west of Trigg Island13 October 2018
A shark WARNING has been issued for Centaur Reef, two miles north west of Trigg Island, after an interaction with a shark was reported at 12.00pm on Saturday 13 October.
A diver has reported a white shark charged and bumped him, circled three times and circled his dive buddy twice.
What to do:
- Take additional caution in the Centaur Reef area.
- Keep informed of the latest detection and sighting information by checking the SharkSmart website or Surf Life Saving WA’s Twitter feed.
- If you see a shark, report it to Water Police on 9442 8600. All shark sighting information reported to Water Police is provided to response agencies and to the public on the SharkSmart website and Surf Life Saving WA Twitter feed.
What authorities are doing:
- Fisheries Officers will continue to monitor the situation.
- The Surf Life Saving WA Westpac Lifesaver Rescue Helicopter has conducted a sweep of the area this afternoon, with no sightings reported at this time.
Keep informed of the latest detection and sighting information by checking the Shark Activity Map on the SharkSmart website – www.sharksmart.com.au/shark-activity or the Surf Life Saving WA Twitter – twitter.com/SLSWA.
Check www.sharksmart.com.au/news for current alerts and warnings.