News and Alerts
Possible shark INCIDENT at Bunker Bay, Cape Naturaliste31 July 2020
Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development are currently investigating a possible shark bite incident at Bunker Bay in the City of Busselton.
- Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development received a report of a possible shark bite incident at approximately 2:15pm, Friday 31 July 2020.
- DPIRD is working with local authorities and further information will be provided as it becomes available.
What to do:
- Take additional caution in the Bunker Bay area and follow any local beach closures.
- Use your Sea Sense and stay informed by checking for shark activity on the SharkSmart website, SharkSmart WA app or Surf Life Saving WA’s Twitter feed.
- If you see a shark, report it to Water Police on 9442 8600. All shark sighting information reported to Water Police is provided to land managers and relevant authorities and to the public on the SharkSmart website, SharkSmart WA app and Surf Life Saving WA Twitter feed.
What authorities are doing:
Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development is working with local authorities to coordinate responses.
Switch on your Sea Sense and stay informed of shark activity information by checking the SharkSmart website – www.sharksmart.com.au/shark-activity, download the SharkSmart WA app or follow Surf Life Saving WA Twitter – twitter.com/SLSWA. Check www.sharksmart.com.au/news for current alerts and warnings.