Shark ADVICE for Alexander Point east of Duke of Orleans BayCurrent Alerts and Warnings
Update on 15 November at 1pm:
The shark advice remains in place for Alexander Point east of Duke of Orleans Bay
- The whale carcass is badly decomposed and has washed ashore on the eastern side of Alexander Point.
- Due to the location and state of decomposition the whale will not be removed.
- There is likely to be residue from the carcass in the area that will continue to act as a shark attractant.
- Two white sharks have been sighted in the area.
- Water users and people visiting the area should continue to exercise additional caution
Alert issued 13 November:
A shark ADVICE has been issued, due to a whale carcass being reported at Alexander Point east of Duke of Orleans Bay near Esperance